How Did I End Up Here?
Matthew 26 & 27
- We are much like Judas, we are into things for how it benefits us, sometimes including church and our relationship with God.
- A “hard hearted” person has no fear of God and they are spiritually unreasonable and irrational.
- Our DECISIONS determine DESTINY!
- If you are a believer, you NEVER feel like you think you will feel after you sin.
- Judas confessed aloud, but did not repent inside.
- “Sin always overpromises and underdelivers, while righteousness pays dividends.” -Mark Batterson
The Myth of Control
- MOST OF LIFE is made up of things that are out of our control.
- “The only thing you can absolutely control is how you react to things that you cannot control.” -Bassami Tazzari
- Most Christians don’t have a problem knowing what’s right, we have a problem doing what’s right.
- “The will of God is revealed in the Word of God.” -Warren Wiersbe
- “When the MIND is engaged in an issue the motive is ‘I ought to.’ When the WILL is engaged in an issue the motive is ‘I have to’ When the HEART is engaged in an issue the motive is ‘I want to.’ ” -John Phillips
- Self-wisdom is dangerous wisdom!
- When things are out of your hands, place them in God’s hands!
- When things are most out of our control, that’s when God likes to show us He’s in control.
Wearing Our Christian Costume
- “We’re too Christian to enjoy sin and too sinful to enjoy Christ.” -Mark Batterson
- “We’ve got enough Jesus to be informed, but not enough Jesus to be transformed.” -Mark Batterson
- “The meaning of the word Christian has been reduced to practically nothing. … Because the word Christian as a symbol has been made to mean so little, it has come to mean everything and nothing” -Francis Schaeffe
- “We’ve given people just enough Jesus to be bored but not enough to feel the surge of holy adrenaline that courses through their veins when you decide to follow him no matter what, no matter where, no matter when.” -Mark Batterson
- “The Bible is clear, Christians are those who are savingly united to God through Jesus Christ.” -John MacArthur
- Your Christian life is not a HOBBY! Your Christian life will determine your eternal destiny!
- Repentance is the last thing an unbeliever or believer wants to do.
- You are not a Christian by chance, you are a Christian by choice! -Dr. Milton Worthington
What’s In Your Hand?
- “Moses was so worried about what ‘might’ happen, that he didn’t hear God tell him what ‘would’ happen.” -Chuck Swindol
- “It’s alright to ask God a question, it’s not alright to question God.” -Archie Ratliff
- We should never question God’s motive, character, or ability!
- God might choose help you in an UNEXPECTED WAY with and UNEXPECTED ANSWER.
- The only way to TRUST GOD is to TEST GOD. The only way to TEST GOD is to TRUST GOD!
- Delayed obedience is disobedience. Moses obeyed with BLIND OBEDIENCE when he threw down his staff!
Additional Shareables from Dr. Al Mohler, President of Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY
Quotes from the 2016 NCCSA Convention in Myrtle Beach, SC http://www.nccsa.org/
Learn more from Dr. Mohler at http://www.albertmohler.com/
- “Many times as Christians, we find ourselves on the defense rather than on the offense.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “If we don’t teach our children that they are NOT to be of this world, then they will be.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We are looking at a culture that is shifting into an anti-Christian culture, not just neutral.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We are training our children to fight the battles we fought. But they are fighting a battle we’ve never fought. They are engaged in a battle that is MUCH tougher!” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We must train our students to live out a Christian worldview everywhere they go.” -Dr. Al Mohler
“We are being led by people today that haven’t forgotten a Christian worldview, they have rejected .” -Dr. Al Mohler
“We must push against the age as hard as the age pushes against us.” -Dr. Al Mohler
Phil. 4:8, Col. 3:23, 1 Cor. 10:31, Col. 3:17
- One of the keys to LIVING RIGHT is THINKING RIGHT.
- THINKING RIGHT comes from filling your mind with THE RIGHT THINGS.
- WRONG THINKING will lead to WRONG LIVING.
- Today, we are much more concerned with our pursuit of prosperity than we are with our pursuit of holiness.
- Anything you do, if you do it for the right reason and with the right heart, has the opportunity to become an act of WORSHIP.
- Serving the Lord enthusiastically doesn’t mean you have to act as though you just drank 2 Monster Energy drinks, but it does mean that you have some passion and heart!
Jesus, Ultimate 1st Responder
- We don’t know if Jesus was this father’s last resort, we do know Jesus was his best resort.
- Jesus was more concerned about her eternal soul than he was her external sickness.
- “Sometimes God’s delayed answers are merely paving the way for greater miracles.” -Jim Butcher
- God’s goal is never to just perform a miracle or show His power for the moment. He is much more concerned with SAVING OUR SOUL for eternity.
- James Edwards, “Jairus and the woman had only one thing in common: both were victims of desperate circumstances who had no hope apart from Jesus.”
- God will respond because of your faith, NOT YOUR CRISIS!
Consider Yourself Warned . . . Proceed With Caution
- Christ’s death on the cross is what gives us access to God and eternity, NOT religious rules and regulations.
- The Christian life doesn’t start with RULES. It starts with a RELATIONSHIP!
- “All beliefs produce certain types of behavior, and all behavior reflects certain beliefs” -Gary Demarest
- “The power of Christ in the life of the believer does more than merely restrain the desires of the flesh; it puts new desires within him.” -Rev. Mark Perryman
- “No one is going to get to Heaven by keeping rules. You go to Heaven by accepting the Savior” -Dr. Jeff Manning