What’s In Your Hand?
- “Moses was so worried about what ‘might’ happen, that he didn’t hear God tell him what ‘would’ happen.” -Chuck Swindol
- “It’s alright to ask God a question, it’s not alright to question God.” -Archie Ratliff
- We should never question God’s motive, character, or ability!
- God might choose help you in an UNEXPECTED WAY with and UNEXPECTED ANSWER.
- The only way to TRUST GOD is to TEST GOD. The only way to TEST GOD is to TRUST GOD!
- Delayed obedience is disobedience. Moses obeyed with BLIND OBEDIENCE when he threw down his staff!
Additional Shareables from Dr. Al Mohler, President of Southern Seminary, Louisville, KY
Quotes from the 2016 NCCSA Convention in Myrtle Beach, SC http://www.nccsa.org/
Learn more from Dr. Mohler at http://www.albertmohler.com/
- “Many times as Christians, we find ourselves on the defense rather than on the offense.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “If we don’t teach our children that they are NOT to be of this world, then they will be.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We are looking at a culture that is shifting into an anti-Christian culture, not just neutral.” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We are training our children to fight the battles we fought. But they are fighting a battle we’ve never fought. They are engaged in a battle that is MUCH tougher!” -Dr. Al Mohler
- “We must train our students to live out a Christian worldview everywhere they go.” -Dr. Al Mohler
“We are being led by people today that haven’t forgotten a Christian worldview, they have rejected .” -Dr. Al Mohler
“We must push against the age as hard as the age pushes against us.” -Dr. Al Mohler
Phil. 4:8, Col. 3:23, 1 Cor. 10:31, Col. 3:17
- One of the keys to LIVING RIGHT is THINKING RIGHT.
- THINKING RIGHT comes from filling your mind with THE RIGHT THINGS.
- WRONG THINKING will lead to WRONG LIVING.
- Today, we are much more concerned with our pursuit of prosperity than we are with our pursuit of holiness.
- Anything you do, if you do it for the right reason and with the right heart, has the opportunity to become an act of WORSHIP.
- Serving the Lord enthusiastically doesn’t mean you have to act as though you just drank 2 Monster Energy drinks, but it does mean that you have some passion and heart!
Jesus, Ultimate 1st Responder
- We don’t know if Jesus was this father’s last resort, we do know Jesus was his best resort.
- Jesus was more concerned about her eternal soul than he was her external sickness.
- “Sometimes God’s delayed answers are merely paving the way for greater miracles.” -Jim Butcher
- God’s goal is never to just perform a miracle or show His power for the moment. He is much more concerned with SAVING OUR SOUL for eternity.
- James Edwards, “Jairus and the woman had only one thing in common: both were victims of desperate circumstances who had no hope apart from Jesus.”
- God will respond because of your faith, NOT YOUR CRISIS!
Consider Yourself Warned . . . Proceed With Caution
- Christ’s death on the cross is what gives us access to God and eternity, NOT religious rules and regulations.
- The Christian life doesn’t start with RULES. It starts with a RELATIONSHIP!
- “All beliefs produce certain types of behavior, and all behavior reflects certain beliefs” -Gary Demarest
- “The power of Christ in the life of the believer does more than merely restrain the desires of the flesh; it puts new desires within him.” -Rev. Mark Perryman
- “No one is going to get to Heaven by keeping rules. You go to Heaven by accepting the Savior” -Dr. Jeff Manning
- The deity of Christ can be defined as all of God was in all of Jesus.
- When Christ came, he was NOT:
- An “assistant” God – He was God!
- An “associate” God – He was God!
- Vice-God – He was God!
- Co-God – He was God!
- From the Book, Let the Nations Be Glad! The Supremacy of God in Missions by John Piper
- “Missions is not the ultimate goal of the Church, worship is.
- Missions exists because worship doesn’t.
- Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man.
- Worship…is the fuel and goal of missions.”
- “God is my fullness, His absence my emptiness.” -E. Stanley Jones
- God doesn’t see our forgiven sin and the stains our sins left on us. He sees the stains on the cross that his blood left.
- He doesn’t see the misery my sin caused, He sees the misery that His Son experienced on the cross.
- When Jesus was nailed to the cross, so was our sin.
- “When I look at me I see what I’ve done. When God looks at me He sees what He did for me!” -Unknown
- “Victorious living does not mean freedom from temptation, nor does it mean freedom from mistakes.” -E. Stanley Jones
A Tale Of 2 Lives
- “Only A relationship totally centered in Jesus Christ is adequate to meet the constant pressures and tensions of daily life.” – Gary Demarist
- You should be seeing how much you can be like Christ in heaven, not how much you can be like the world and still get into heaven.
- It’s amazing how some people live like HELL here and want to live like HEAVEN in eternity!
- Faith is WHAT we believe and HOW we believe.
- I’m afraid many are more concerned today with finding Pokemon than they are finding God.
Paul, The Intentional Leader
- If we grow in the knowledge of God’s Word, it highly probable that we will grow in the Wisdom of God’s Word.
- If we DO NOT grow in the knowledge of God’s Word, it is impossible to grow in the Wisdom of God’s Word.
- Satan is not going to come walking thru the front door with a marching band led by flags and streamers. He will come into your life through the cracks and crevices.
- When Satan deceives you, he won’t put you on his knee and comfort you and tell you it will be OK and help you through the consequences. He’s going to laugh at you and try to coerce you into a deeper state of the mess you are already in.
- “One leak will sink a ship and one sin will destroy a sinner. ” -John Bunyan
- As your Pastor, I will hold your hand and help you when you fall. But I had much rather hand you water as you are running this marathon.
- “Sin has a diminishing factor to it. It always gives its best in the beginning. It never gets better after that … it only gets worse.” -Mark Aulson